.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Horace “Adversity” Discussion Board

Discussion Board Essay 1 Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would produce lain dormant, by Roman poet, Horace. His statement implies that however misfortune may bring forth greatness. Ruin reveals true genius, in clover conceals it. The quote, Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would confine lain dormant, by Roman poet, Horace, wouldnt mean much to me if it wasnt so utterly true.Everyone faces some sort of reverse through forth their keeptime. Adversities or obstacles sunnily involve weighing ones options and then deciding what to do. The decisions we stupefy shape who we are. So consequently adversity plays a crucial lineament in developing a persons character. In Richard Rodriguezs Hunger of Memory, Rodriguez is left feeling socially disadvantaged from his inability to chatter English. He also had Mexican immigrants as a child which joined with all his other disadvantages led him to be studious.He became distant from his family and chose to become a student looking towards teachers for role models. Without this disadvantage/ adversity, he wouldnt have realized his true potential as a student and writer. How we process adversity is what matters Take a common scenario, therapy for example, in consideration when reckon adversity. In almost all situations the psychologist will let you pour out all your emotions and troubles (adversity).He or she will then ask you how you feel and wish words of wisdom. Then youll make your decision. The psychologist will usher concepts of taking righteousness and action. Whether or not someone heeds this advice is up to the person and the path interpreted will always shape someones character. When facing adversity I would try to be optimistic, opting never to quit. I know the challenges of my life have made me who I am today and it has brought out a lot of my talents.If I had more smothering, wealthy parents, prosperous circumst ances, I wouldnt have been even remotely near the person that I am today The fact that I felt distant from my family at a young age caused me to be more independent (in school). I practically forced myself to learn, looking up to teachers as role models. In turn, I absorbed the merits my teachers valued. Because of them I always try my best and gravel quality over quantity. The extra attention to quality I gained has caused me to phone more creatively and become more in tune with my fastidious side. Word Count 409

No comments:

Post a Comment